Sunday, October 27, 2013

MY ORIGINAL SODA CRATE PROJECT...


This was my first soda crate project, the inspiration for the pantry I built which was featured in my first blog entry.  I used two vintage ammunition boxes for the sides, bottom and top.  I left the rope handles that were attached to the sides of the ammo boxes intact and felt they added a bit of character to this piece...



2x4's were used for the legs, and I used four vintage soda crates for the drawers.  I now use this piece in my kitchen to store several sets of placemats...




The drawer handles came from vintage windows.  I kept the original paint, just sanded them down lightly to give a more rustic, worn look.



I used linseed oil to preserve this piece and bring out the color of the wood.  Now, rather than just sitting around on the floor somewhere, my old soda crates are actually functional and better displayed.  Once again, here is my finished project...




HAVE A GREAT DAY!  And thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment